Traditionally employed as working animals within the logging industry, the Asian Elephant is a national symbol, and has long been valued in Thailand for its enormous strength, ability to master the jungle’s terrain, and its trainability.
Now you can encounter these gentle giants up close, with the opportunity to take a trek through the jungle in traditional style – on the back of an Asian Elephant!
Kind & Friendly Camp
Of the many possible places to elephant trek scattered throughout Phuket, Ocean Geo have selected this camp specifically because of the care and attention they show to their animals, which are led by voice commands, not by stick. In addition, guides are friendly, they are happy to help and take photos and the camp is less commercialised - the flat-rate pricing policy (same price for both tourists and locals) is honest, with no hidden charges, e.g. for a photo with a baby elephant.
Three circular trekking trails are available – either 20 minutes, 30 minutes, or 50 minutes, and all routes provide the opportunity to see the beautiful panoramas of Phuket’s west coast beaches. The 50 minute trek takes you a little further east, giving you the best views across the southern region of Phuket Island, including Chalong, Phuket Town and the islands to the east.
|20 Minute Elephant Trekking on Yellow Trail||600 THB||300 THB|
|30 Minute Elephant Trekking on Red Trail||800 THB||400 THB|
|50 Minute Elephant Trekking on Green Trail||1,000 THB||500 THB|
Child price applies for children aged 4 - 11 years; infants age 0 - 3 years trek for free!
- Trekking is available from 08:30 to 17:30, every day
- Booking at least 2 days in advance is highly recommended, and can include round-trip transfers - please see transfer locations and rates below
- If you have not booked in advance, please note that trekking is subject to availability, and only cash payments are accepted
- Rescheduling due to rain is possible; please provide more than 1 hour notice
- Refreshments are available onsite at the full service bar
- Elephant trekking is not recommended for pregnant women
For advance bookings, round-trip transfers are available from 08:30 every day, at the following rates
|Location||Round-trip transfer, per person|
|Bang Tao / Laguna||800 THB|
|Cape Panwa||600 THB|
|Kata Noi / Kata / Karon||400 THB|
|Koh Sirey||700 THB|
|Mai Khao / Nai Yang (JW Mariott)||1,500 THB|
|Nai Ton||1,500 THB|
|Phuket Town / Rasada Pier||500 THB|