Maybe you’ve always wanted to learn how to dive. Or perhaps you’ve just completed a try dive and can’t wait to dive again? The PADI Open Water Diver course is the entry level course, and is your gateway to a new underwater world – giving you all the basic skills and principles you’ll need to become a PADI-certified Open Water Diver.
Price: 15,500 THB
Duration: 3.5 days
Why take the Open Water Diver course?
The PADI Open Water Diver course will enable you to:
- Dive to a maximum depth of 18m (12m if aged 10 – 14 yrs)
- Dive with a buddy, without instructor supervision, remaining within the limits of your training
- Hire scuba equipment, on providing proof of valid certification
- Progress to the next level of training - for example Adventure Dives, which count toward your Advanced Open Water Diver certification
The Open Water Diver course consists of 3 phases:
1. Knowledge Development
Phase one is the theory part of the course, and will teach you the basic principles of diving. This can be completed in one of our dive centre’s fully equipped classrooms, or alternatively, online in your own time, via PADI elearning
2. Confined Water Dives
Phase two is the first practical skills element of the course – here you’ll learn the basic skills of scuba diving in a controlled and safe environment under the watchful eye of your PADI instructor.
3. Open Water Dives
Finally, practice your skills and explore the ocean with a series of exciting open water dives!
PADI Open Water Course Itinerary
|Whole Course in Phuket||With PADI eLearning|
|Before the course||None||1 day (approx. 10 hours)|
|Classroom training & homework in Phuket||1.0 days||None|
|Pool session||0.5 days||0.5 days|
|Open water dives||2.0 days||2.0 days|
Please note: If you’re pressed for time, it is possible to complete the course in a shorter period if all knowledge development is completed, and you are proficient with all performances requirements. Contact us and let us know your time restraints.
Open Water Prerequisites
No previous experience is needed to take the Open Water Diver course, you just need to:
- Be aged 10 years, or older
- Complete a PADI medical statement and be medically fit to dive
- Tuition, provided by one of our experienced PADI Instructors, with a maximum of 4 students to 1 instructor
- Classroom training as applicable, depending on independent study already completed
- Pool training
- 4 open water dives
- Scuba equipment hire
- Round-trip transfers from dive centre to pool, beach, dive boat
- PADI Open Water Diver digital eManual or Manual (not required if the eLearning option is chosen)
- Diver certification, on completion of all performances requirements
- Medical certificate (if required) - please refer to our Scuba Diving Terms & Conditions
- Beach towel
- Sun protection - sunglasses, suncream, hat
- Your own equipment (if you have any), e.g. mask, snorkel
Referrals from another Dive Centre
If you've already completed part of the course with another Dive Centre and now want to finish the remaining part, contact us and we will be happy to work with you to complete your certification.